If chipped, yellowed, or irregularly shaped teeth are keeping you from smiling, porcelain veneers may be the perfect treatment for you. Our team of Shreveport cosmetic dentists offers porcelain veneers to transform the appearance of patients’ smiles. To find out if porcelain veneers are right for you, we welcome you to schedule a consultation at Shreveport Bossier Family Dental Care.
What Are Porcelain Veneers?
Porcelain veneers are a cosmetic dentistry treatment designed to improve the shape, shade, and overall appearance of the teeth. A porcelain veneer is a thin, tooth-shaped prosthetic which fits over the front surface of the tooth to mask a wide range of dental flaws.
Am I a Candidate for Porcelain Veneers?
Though porcelain veneers can easily improve many cosmetic dental problems, they may not be suitable for everyone. Because a small layer of dental enamel must be removed to allow room for the porcelain veneer, those with severe tooth decay, inadequate enamel, or major fractures may not be good candidates for porcelain veneers treatment. You may be a candidate for porcelain veneers treatment if you have generally healthy gums and teeth and suffer from one or more of the following issues:
- Yellowed, Discolored Teeth: Porcelain veneers are custom-made to any shade of white so even those with the deepest dental stains can enjoy a bright white smile.
- Irregularly Shaped Teeth: If your teeth are irregularly shaped, pointed, or angled, porcelain veneers may be right for you. Porcelain veneers can be crafted to the perfect shape to mask dental irregularities.
- Gaps Between Teeth: Porcelain veneers can be used to close gaps between teeth for a beautifully spaced smile.
- Minor Chips and Fractures: Small chips and fractures can be repaired with porcelain veneers to help prevent further damage while improving dental appearance.
- Mild Misalignment: Porcelain veneers can be used as instant orthodontics to dramatically and quickly improve the appearance of mildly misaligned teeth.
- Large or Small Teeth: The size of small or oversized teeth can be adjusted and improved with porcelain veneers.
The Benefits of Porcelain Veneers
Porcelain veneers offer many benefits. Porcelain veneers treatment improves the overall appearance of the teeth so many feel an increased sense of confidence and pride in showing off their smiles. Porcelain veneers can also improve dental function when used as instant orthodontics or to repair minor chips. You may want to consider porcelain veneers treatment for such benefits as:
- Improved Confidence: Porcelain veneers can give you the confidence of a beautiful smile.
- Improved Dental Function: Porcelain veneers can be used to restore teeth with mild damage and to improve dental alignment, all of which improves dental function.
- Improved Aesthetics: Porcelain veneers greatly improve the overall aesthetics of the smile as each veneer is individually placed and crafted to a specified appearance.
Schedule a Consultation Today!
Porcelain veneers treatment can give you the smile you’ve dreamed about. To find out if you’re a candidate for porcelain veneers or to learn about other treatment options, schedule a consultation today!